AuthorU - Your Guide to Book Publishing with Dr. Judith Briles ... Everything You Want to Know, But Didn't Know What to Ask
Before you hire a single publishing consultant; someone to "fix" your book; someone to "design" your book; some to create the "cover" of your book; someone who has anything to do with your book ... you want to become a regular listener to this show.
The single biggest mistakes new authors and wannabe authors do is rush to publish ... along with failing to understand that publishing is a business, that ALL authors needed editing and that they MUST learn how to market their books and IMPLEMENT on ongoing marketing plan of action. Today's variety of publishing methods has created more trash than the book buying public needs, or wants. Why? Simply because authors are "publishing" without caring or knowing the ins and outs of being an author and publishing a book. They get duped by publishers, publishing and others who want their money. The predators of publishing. And sometimes, they get duped by themselves.
Your Guide to Book Publishing with Dr. Judith Briles ... Everything You Want to Know, But Didn't Know What to Ask reveals:
• Where book publishing is going and how can you take advantage of it.
• How to identify and avoid the publishing predators that are lurking at every nook and cranny in the beginning author's journey.
• What opportunities are emerging as the book trade evolves into new forms.
• The dollars and sense of publishing.
• How to create a book and in which format should it be published.
• How to identify which format is for you and how to begin the first step?
• How to avoid losing money.
• How to create your Book and Author Platforms.
• How POD could be a publishing disaster in your strategy.
• How to build a team a publishing team that works?
• How to determine which eBook platforms work for your book, where to publish and how.
• How to identify which marketing strategies work best with print and ebook, fiction and nonfiction
• What to do if you've been seduced by a publishing predator.
• Where to secure Foreign rights sales.
• How to take advantage of social meda platforms.
• How to determine which social media platforms are right for you and your book.
• How to ID which gadgets and gizmos will make your authoring and marketing worlds more efficient.
• Why the savvy author niches a book.
• How to determine which publishing option is best for you.
• How to sell tons of books with speaking engagements.
• The key elements that will lead to your book success.
• How to create your Book and Author Platforms.
• How to determine which eBook platform is right for you.
• How to strategize and market your eBook.
• What the critical factors are in creating a Book Launch.
• How to create an Author Website that works.
• Why you should consider marketing via an Author or Book Blog.
• The critical cost of publishing.
• And SO much more
If you want to write and publish a book ... if you want to be successful as an author, Your Guide to Book Publishing with Dr. Judith Briles ... Everything You Want to Know, But Didn't Know What to Ask is for you . You will hear about statistics, scenarios and strategies on what to do now! As The Book Shepherd, Dr. Judith Briles is in and each week. She will include publishing professionals that will reveal tips and secrets to the author's journey. If there is a book in you, you want to listen, learn ... and yes, call in with your questions each week.
Dr. Judith Briles is the Author of 33 books, Publisher, Founder and Chief Visionary Officer of AuthorU.org, a membership association designed for authors who want to be seriously successful. Nineteen of her books have been published with New York houses. In 2000, she created Mile High Pres to publish her future books as well as others.
Based in Colorado, she's published in 16 countries and has grossed over $5,000,000 with book sales, speeches generated form book titles, consulting and sponsorships from her Author and Book Platform ... a Platform that started with just one book-one idea-an idea that was rejected by 28 NY publishers. Her latest publishing books are The CrowdFunding Guide for Authors & Writers, Snappy Sassy Salty: Wise Words for Authors and Writers, and Author YOU: Creating and Building Your Author and Book Platforms. She has also authored Show Me About Book Publishing co-written with book marketing guru John Kremer and master book publicist Rick Frishman. Book #34 is in the works right now--get your books for author platforms, inspiration quotes, and crowdfunding how-tos on Amazon today.
Judith is the Founder of Author U (university), a membership group of 400 plus authors and small publishers, is a past president of the Colorado Authors League and has organized numerous publishing conferences.
Every Septemberbeginning in 2016 (this has moved from May), 3 amazing days (Thursday through Saturday) are dedicated to your success. Judith organizes the AuthorU Extravaganza held in Denver, Colorado. Three jammed packed days that bring in a variety of national author and publishing experts that are guaranteed to change your author success ratios. Each Summer, over three days, she presents Judith Briles Book Publishing Unplugged. This is just Judith alone for three full days in Denver, Colorado -- you will have The Book Shepherd and Master Book Coach working with a select number of authors on a variety of topics and exercises related to you the Author, the development of your Book, the creation of a Speech that is guaranteed to get you gigs and book sales.
If you want into The Author's Ark, Judith's 3-month online group coaching, webinars and laser one-on-one coaching. Don't miss out, only 12 can get on the Ark at one time... info is on her personal website, under the Events tab, http://www.TheBookShepherd.com.
Judith knows publishing. Known as The Book Shepherd to many, she's personally guided hundreds of publishing clients throughout to publishing success. Each year, dozens of the authors she works with in creating, developing, strategizing and publishing achieve national status with multiple book awards.
Judith Briles understands the core ingredients to strategize a book; create and develop it; publish it and achieve success. She knows the pitfalls and the joys of publishing and authoring. She gets it ... she understands it ... she knows how to deal with it ... and she wants you to get it, too. Judith is an ABF: Author's Best Friend.